a.paige

This is a cake I did yesterday, sort of last minute. It's amazing how the month has just flown by! I knew I had to do this cake for about two weeks but it really just crept up on me so I decided to try something different to make it fit into my schedule. First off I used store bought frosting... I was nervous at first since I have never had much luck frosting a cake until Heather showed me how to do it properly, and most of that I contributed to the crumb coat and the type of frosting it was. But in this case I was doing a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting so I thought that even if I got a few crumbs it wouldn't be the end of the world. It actually worked rather well and i was able to get the cake quite smooth looking. The only problem occurred when I went to decorate it. Because the frosting does not harden it is much harder to pick up your design with a toothpick should it be less than desirable. I had to patch the cake a few times which was a nail biting experience. In the end the cake turned out great and everyone was happy.
1 Response
  1. Heather MacQ Says:

    cool cake...it makes me realllly hungry just looking at all that chocolate!!! did i not show you how to make chocolate buttercream? oh man, way delicious and so much better to decorate with. but i'd say you still did a smashing good job :)